Why People Think Options Are A Good Idea
Tips On Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always choose a style that fits you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. Many people consider oak as a classic material when it comes to wooden worktops. Since oak can provide a warm feel and has a notable pattern, it is used in the usual farm house style kitchens. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut will give the right contrast to light because it has a rich chocolate tone. You can use maple in a kitchen where the problem is light. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Invest in a worktop that has a high quality. There are a lot of worktops that will fit on every budget ranging from the ones with a wide block to the ones that has full planked super stave but you should always remember the old saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.” Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. A properly maintained wooden worktops that is of high quality will definitely last for a very long time and will actually add more value to your property if you will decide to sell it in the future.
3. Preparation is a big factor. You need to do a sealing on these wooden worktops before you can use them. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The treatment process on the wooden worktops will create a barrier that is water resistant on them. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. The wooden worktops will not last long enough if poor treatment procedure was done.
4. Look for a worktop that has the right fit. It is important before you consider fitting the wooden worktops that you make sure the plastering that was done is completely dry and the sides of the wooden worktops have the right amount of oi. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. If you want your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions, then you should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.